The downsides of being the best at your job in clinical research are discussed as below:
1. Managers will assign you with a lot more work.
2. Assign you at sites where a lot more efforts are required in order to come up complexities.
3. Employee has to put extra time doing their tasks that can be a lot more than the prescribed working hours.
4. Employees on salary basis are not entertained with any benefit of doing any extra effort and spending more time on studies.
5. Managers take you granted and they have more expectations that are necessary to be fulfilled.
6. Best people doing best job are not appreciated for their efforts they made because they are expected to do so and average people are well appreciated for any better work.
Average worker VS best:
Working dedicatedly is also necessary in order to get promotions and other benefits, but average workers have more privileges as compared to those who work at their best because average workers spend some of their time in networking and making new friends that is necessary for career progressions and benefits as they get references from their network when any opportunity came up.
Being the best at job always has its drawbacks that can be positive and negative and one should know how to utilize his capabilities for his better benefits. People should always try and put their best at their job but should be careful to make it worthy for them.
While working in a company, keep your options open, stay mobile, stay lethal, stay deadly and move to anywhere at any company offering more perks and benefits in order to achieve you future goals.